I need to make some rules for my computer usage, especially in the morning. I've actually had some in the past, but one or another of them get pushed aside when I'm doing something that is necessary, like helping my husband with church correspondence, and then I go right back to just checking . . . and it snowballs on me.
I thought of a few rules I've had or have seen others mention. Feel free to add what has helped you practice self-control with the computer.
- No Bible - No Computer
- The computer doesn't come on till after breakfast is cleaned up, or better yet, until my planned cleanup for the day is done.
- Answer email once or twice a day and close it out for the rest of the day.
- Put your computer in sleep mode or turn it off completely till I get my work done or until a certain time.
- Read and/or write blog posts for a limited amount of time each day.
- Have designated times to be online.
- Limit games to a certain amount of rounds or time.
- Turn off the computer at a certain time.
My husband and I will be at a couples' retreat tomorrow and Saturday, so I will be getting things done - focusing on my marriage! :) I always need whatever is taught on at these retreats. We have a great marriage, but there's always room for making it even better. See you the first of next week!