Saturday, January 06, 2007

A New Year

Well, I'm back - maybe! I quit posting on this blog because I felt so overwhelmed trying to keep up with 2 blogs. With the new year, though, I always feel the need to improve things, and part of improving is keeping my home in a more efficient way. I am terribly lazy and inconsistent, a real procrastinator, and I felt that I was making myself look better than I am on this blog. What I want to do now is simply keep a personal diary here, of sorts. Just post my personal thoughts on what I get done each day, and maybe even being painfully honest when I haven't done a blooming thing.

It's been really hard to set up a schedule of any sort since Wes became a pastor - 2 years ago now. I finally realized that we aren't going to have 2 days in a row that are the same, ever. So now I'm working on having routines, which takes me back to FlyLady. Routines make sense for our life. I haven't resubscribed to FL, but I am going to her website and looking at the e-mails for each day. (For some reason, my e-mail began not allowing lots of things from Yahoo Groups, so I have to read those subscriptions online anyway. Wes, a former computer programmer, has tried several times to fix the problem, but no amount of fiddling with the filters works, other than allowing all kinds of bizarre spam to get through) I'm trying to re-establish routines - the morning never left me, but the evening and daily cleaning routines vanished.

So. This blog will be more personal than anything. Just for myself to see where I've been and where I'm going. It may not be updated every day, but I'm not going to pressure myself to write on this blog, other than for my own benefit. That sounds so selfish, but that's where I am right now. If anyone wants to read, and they can get something out of it, then they're welcome to read and/or comment. I had wanted this blog to be for encouragement for others trying the FlyLady method, but I ran out of stuff to give out when I wasn't keeping up myself!

I'll go ahead and say that we're going to be out of town next week, so no posts after Monday, for sure.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Susan, I look forward to reading your posts. I just cleaned up my blog list (on my blog) and took off this blog, because you had said you wouldn't be posting on it anymore. Would you like me to add it back to my blog list? Just let me know! =)