Tuesday, September 26, 2006

WFMW - A Rerun Already



Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer has instructed participants in this week's Works-For-Me Wednesday to repost a classic. I haven't done all that many, but this one seemed to be pretty popular, so it's the one I chose to repost.

The drawers in our kitchen are pretty long, so our silverware organizer thingy (I never claimed to be too technical!) kept sliding toward the back of the drawer every time I would open it and I'd have to pull it forward to get out whatever I was after. I got tired of chasing it, so I stuck a little dot of Holdit on each corner of the organizer - no more sliding! I've used it for years in my home and Sunday school classes; it's perfect for holding visuals in Sunday school.

Edited to add that I found Holdit at a department store in the office supplies section. Another product I've used in the past for the same purpose is Handi-tak, found at Wal Mart in the office supplies.

For more WFMW ideas, be sure to visit Rocks In My Dryer!

4 comments:

owlhaven said...

Great idea!!

Mary, mom to many

Jessica said...

Neat idea! Thanks for sharing!

Barbara H. said...

I've never seen those -- I'll have to look. I solved the problem by putting my pastry blender behind the organizer -- there was just enough space behind it so that fit in there and kept in from sliding. Now it's only a problem if I use my pastry blender -- but I don't use it that often. :)

Thanks!

Larae said...

That happens to me all the time as well. I love this idea, I think I saw it last time you had it up, I just didn't remember it. Thanks for posting this one again, I'm writing it down! =)