Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Pluggin' Away

Here it is Wednesday already, and I haven't posted anything here for almost a week! I'm so sorry! With school starting back, I've had to adjust my schedule again, plus I share my daughter's computer, which she uses for school. I simply haven't had the time on the computer that I had over the summer. Today my dh and I are going down to the US to do our monthly shopping. We've found it much cheaper to go down to the nearest Wal Mart Supercenter to do our grocery shopping, even with the high cost of gas, than to buy the majority of our groceries here. We still buy our meats here - they are about the same price there as here - but most of the groceries are much cheaper there. So we once every 4-6 weeks and stock up, then fill in the gaps here week by week. It's working well for us at this point.

To make my list for these trips, I take a blank monthly calendar, fill in the dates (this one started today, the 13th, and ends on Friday, Oct. 13), then write just the main meal in for each day. I have my breakfasts and lunches pretty much standard, so I know what to buy for each of those meals. I check the main-meal recipes and write down any items that I don't normally buy, and print out my master grocery list and highlight the items there that I need. It's a fairly simple process, but it does take a little time. I try to spread that out over a couple of days, but this time it caught up with me pretty fast, so I worked on it most of yesterday. But now we're ready to ride . . . see you later!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Grace...stop popped in to see if you had posted anything lately. I hope you and your family are well. Take care - Molly

Anna said...

I see I am not the only one who just wants to say we are thinking of you! Don't ever worry about not being able to post. We will be back to check when you do have time for writing. You always have things to share that are interesting and informative and I love your style. I too hope you are just busy and enjoying your family and that everything is ok with you all.

Lora K. said...

Susan,
I do a similar thing. Lately though, I haven't been doing it and have been flying by the seat of my pants. I can see how that is really being detrimental to everything. I really need to sit down and plan better. Things go much more smoothly when I do.

Lora K. said...

Susan,
I do a similar thing. Lately though, I haven't been doing it and have been flying by the seat of my pants. I can see how that is really being detrimental to everything. I really need to sit down and plan better. Things go much more smoothly when I do.