Thursday, July 13, 2006

Kitchen - Day 4

Day 4 turned out to be a dud. I didn't do anything in there in the way of cleaning, except to keep up with it during meal prep. I bought groceries today and got some fresh veggies and fruit. I bought fresh English peas today for the first time in my life! So I spent part of the afternoon shelling them and cutting green beans to blanch and freeze. I didn't buy large amounts, but I didn't want them to go bad before we could eat them. I'm gradually adding a little here and there to my freezer. I can't add too much, because all we have is a small freezer on top of the fridge - and that's all apartment sized! We hope to buy a small freezer soon, so that I can bake and freeze and also freeze some summer produce. I also got cherries, strawberries, and blueberries today. I went ahead and fixed two batches of meatballs this afternoon and froze one for later. So I didn't do nothing; I just didn't do what I had planned to do! I'll do the things I had planned for today tomorrow.

1 comment:

Tori said...

Falling doesn't make you a failure, failing to get back up does.

Looking forward to hearing how it goes today. *Ü*