Thursday, July 06, 2006

A Couple of Must-Reads

If you look under the heading in the sidebar entitled "Worth the Homemaker's Read" you'll see two articles that I added today. The top one is from Homeliving Helper, and the second one is from Mrs. Wilt at The Sparrow's Nest. They are both very good reading, so I wanted to mention them so you wouldn't miss them.

I've been swishing and swiping my bathroom each day this week, and last night I went up the stairs just at 10:30. I was in the bed by 11:00! I was able to get up at 6:30 this morning, too. We've had early mornings this week due to our kids helping out with another church's VBS. I have really enjoyed being up earlier, and I want to continue that after this week.

Tonight is church. I really have a hard time getting to bed on a church night. I feel like I need to unwind longer, because I've been out of the house. I was just thinking about my Grandma and her sister. A few years ago, I was out in SC visiting my Grandma. I was going to spend the night with her, and her sister came over to visit too. About the middle of the evening, both of them went and got on their nightgowns, then sat down with something to eat and drink and just talked. We had a very relaxing evening. My habit has been to stay dressed till I stumble up to bed, then I'm still all wound up from the day. I'm thinking about doing what Grandma always did, and get into my jammies about an hour before I want to go to bed. That might signal my body that it's time to wind down and relax! I'll try it tonight!

2 comments:

deb said...

My habit is to dress in jammies the minute we go upstairs from eating our supper (but only if I know no one might be dropping by or we're not going out again). It's so much more comfortable! And so far, company hasn't caught me dressed for bed extra early! LOL

Susan said...

Well, I tried it, but my body didn't listen! LOL I was still wanting to stay up, but I went up and got in the bed anyway. I went to sleep fairly quickly. I might try doing this every night for a week and see what happens. Or maybe 3 weeks, and make it a habit!