Thursday, June 01, 2006

We are Home!

After a busy week of getting ready to go, we had a whirlwind of a week in Texas. We had to come home so we could rest! LOL It was wonderful to see all our old friends, and we were so proud of our son as he graduated high school. We got to go to a Texas Rangers baseball game, too, which was fun and turned out to be very exciting. Our son is glad to be finished with school, and today we've had him busy doing things for us; I'm not used to having an extra helper free during the day! He will stay home with us for a year and help my husband with our ministry, then he'll be off to college at a private Baptist college in Lancaster, CA in the fall of 2007.

Well . . . my house feels like it's upside down. It has always been hard for me to get back into a routine once I get out of it. Yesterday we literally did nothing other than run a few errands; we even gave our two younger children the day off from school (they won't finish to mid-June). So today, I had to get my mind back in gear, as well as get another part of my self back in motion! ;) It's not going as well as I'd hoped, but I have accomplished several things that I needed to do today. I wanted to stop by and let you know I'm home and I'll hopefully be making several entries per week on this blog. I'm getting ready to make my menu and grocery list for the next week, so I'll post that as soon as I can, and get this ball rolling again. Thanks for sticking with me through the break!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Welcome Home, Susan! Just checking in from a borrowed computer in SC. Glad all went well!

Lora K. said...

Susan, Glad you're home and safe. Now when you hear me talk about the heat, it'll be more fresh in your mind ;0

In Him,
Lora

annewithane65 (Kim) said...

Just wanted to say Welcome Home!