Thursday, April 13, 2006

Garlic Chicken

Someone asked for the Garlic Chicken recipe, since it's something we have quite often and I've mentioned it often. I think they asked last week - my apologies for not remembering before now to post it!

This recipe is one from Menu Mailer that was shared by FlyLady on her e-mail list quite a while back. It's actually called Garlic Lime Chicken. The last step of the recipe is to make a sauce from chicken broth and lime juice. We tried that one time. It was ok, but we liked just the seasoning on the chicken just fine, so I never made the lime sauce again. I'll include the sauce so you can try it too; your family may love it that way! We're having this tonight for my birthday dinner. I was going to have Wes grill some salmon, but it's raining today. One more note: I make a triple batch of the seasoning mix ahead of time and store it in an extra pepper shaker, so I can pull it out and use it without having to stop and mix up the spices each time.

Garlic Lime Chicken

1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon thyme
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup chicken broth
4 tablespoons lime juice

In a bowl, mix together first 7 ingredients. Sprinkle mixture on both sides of chicken breasts. In a skillet, heat butter and olive oil together over medium high heat. Saute chicken until golden brown on each side, about 5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in the center. Remove chicken and add lime juice and chicken broth to the pan, whisking up the browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Keep cooking until sauce has reduced slightly. Add chicken back to the pan to thoroughly coat and serve.

3 comments:

Mommaroo2 said...

THANK YOU!!! I love this recipe, it is so good and so easy. I had it a while back, but lost it, and couldn't find it on Flylady when I tried. I am so glad you shared it. Thank you!

Tammy said...

I am making this on Monday! Thanks for the recipe!

Haley McAdams said...

This really looks delicious with lots of twists. I'm definitely craving for a plate of that right now. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. This is definitely a must do recipe this weekend since I got my Alcohol Server Certification.