Saturday, April 29, 2006

Cleanup

My husband gave me a subtle hint about my office area this morning: Looks like this space here could use some attention today! He's a pretty good hint-giver, eh?! So I took the hint. This is what he saw this morning.


This is the same area, after I was finished.


Now why can't I keep it like this all the time? Because I get involved in things - lessons, sewing, cross stitch - I get excited, get tired, get distracted, get lazy. And then everything gets so messy that I'm overwhelmed. I overlook things. I see a mess in general, but my brain doesn't register that I need to put this away, throw that away . . . I have to consciously slow down and really look around me. My daughter is the opposite. Clutter bothers her, so she clears it away every chance she gets. She's very calm and quiet. Poor thing, with her excitable, enthusiastic Mama! We cross our signals lots, and I'm sure there'll be more times during her teen years. Maybe I could promise to be quieter if she'll clean up my messes?!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

This is what I love about you Susan...you are so open and honest. In my pride, I could never post "before" pictures.

Your finished cleaning project looks great!

Elly said...

I'm the ORGANIZED one...! Hubby's 'er' mellow(lol). Oldest daughter like her mama....second daughter....like her father(!)....my son (even though he's autistic) is quite in the middle of the 2 extremes! Having the training he gets helps, I'm sure! Way to go on the organizing! Have a blessed Sunday.