Thursday, February 16, 2006

What's Cooking

I haven't posted my menus here in several weeks, so I thought I'd do that today. I did my grocery shopping this morning, as usual. I've been going earlier in the day, and it's nearly as stressful as when I went in the afternoon. Then I'd sit and procrastinate, dreading it all day; now I leave soon after breakfast (unless I have something pressing that needs to be done first) and I'm home by lunch, with the rest of the afternoon to do whatever else needs to be done.

Here is what our family will be eating in the coming week:

Thursday:
B - Oatmeal
L - Tuna salad sandwiches or PBJ's
S - Pinto beans, rice, zucchini, and biscuits w/apple butter

Friday:
B - Muffins (PBJ toast for me)
L - Sandwiches, baby carrots
S - Pepperoni and ham pizza, salad

Saturday:
B - French toast, bacon
L - Pizza
S - Hot dogs w/chili, potatoes, coleslaw

Sunday:
B - Sausage biscuits (did you know this is a diet killer?!)
L - Egg Noodle Lasagna, salad, broccoli, corn, rolls
S - Sloppy Joes (with leftover chili from hot dogs), chips, carrot & celery sticks

Monday:
B - Oatmeal
L - Lasagna, salad
S - Taco Chili, cornbread

Tuesday:
B - Eggs, grits
L - Grilled cheese sandwich, carrots
S - Garlic chicken, roasted potatoes, green beans, corn


Wednesday:
B - Pancakes, bacon
L - Mac & cheese
S - White Chili, salad, biscuits (I just realized I have 2 different chilis this week - both have lots of beans and little meat, so they're cheaper to make)

No comments: