Monday, February 27, 2006

Oh, My! I Didn't Get Nearly Everything Done!

After all my plans I had for today, I got only the most urgent things done - two loads of laundry, the entry and powder room cleaned, supper cooked (my family is grateful for that!), the grocery list made, and . . . are you ready? The utility closet is cleaned out and organized! I took some before pictures, but none for after yet, because I still have stuff sitting out wondering where it lives. I found a box of . . . stuff . . . I don't know what all is in this box. I'm going to have to sit down with it and go through it piece by piece.

This morning I went early and had some blood drawn for a couple of fasting blood sugar tests. I'm diabetic, so that's a normal ocurrence. It was time to get them done, and I'd put them off long enough. When I got home, we ate breakfast and I blogged an entry on my other blog about my parents' anniversary today. Then I went upstairs and started working. I changed the sheets on our bed and got a load of clothes started. Things were moving right along! Then Wes called me into his office and asked me to write about our ladies' meeting in our family's newsletter that we send out monthly to the churches who support our ministry. From there my work plans went south. I ended up putting off the closet cleaning until Wes went out to run errands, and then I worked hard for an hour. Took a break, had a snack, went online for a bit, then time to cook supper. As we were finishing supper, Wes asked me if I'd like to go with him to pick up more screws for a bookcase project he's working on. Turn down an opportunity to go somewhere with my dh? No way! So off we went, and while we were out he bought me an organizer caddy for my cardmaking supplies! What a guy! It's not one of those fancy things like you'd get at Michael's; it's a 7-drawer stacking bin on casters. It's going to take me a few days to get everything all stashed away, I'm afraid, but I'm so glad to be able to put all my cardmaking supplies in one place!

So that was my day. I'll be posting pics of that closet within the next couple of days.

No comments: