Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Beginnings


I love new beginnings! Have I said that before??? I honestly can't remember if I've said that on this blog; I know I have on my other blog. I do love new beginnings, and any new beginning will do. Monday is one of my favorite days of the week, because I begin a new week. I like my birthday, because it's the beginning of a new year of my life. And I love my wedding anniversary, because I get to make a fresh start with being a wife. So here we are at the beginning of a new year, and I'm lovin' it! I've begun a new Bible reading plan, I'm ready to begin eating right again (and exercising - ugh!), I've refreshed my memory on my homemaking schedules and plans, and I've reset some priorities in my life that you can read about here, if you're interested.

I guess one of the things that appeals to me about FlyLady's method of homekeeping is that she tells us we're not behind, we can start over any time. That is a concept that I can really identify with. It works with homemaking, cooking, relationships (you can always ask forgiveness and give that relationship a new try - or you can give forgiveness!), and it works in the spiritual realm too:
James 4:8 - "Draw nigh to God and he will draw nigh to you."

I John 1:9 - "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Psalm 51:10 - "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me."

Lamentations 3:21-23 - "This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness."


These are just a few verses that teach us that God is the God of new beginnings! That's exciting to me! I may fail today; I may mess up and not do all that I should, or do something I shouldn't. But I can go to the Lord in repentance, and He forgives and gives me yet another fresh start. How comforting! So you see, I love new beginnings, and like FlyLady says, you can start over anytime - whether it's in keeping your home or caring for your soul!

If you have never come to the point in your life that you've had a new beginning with God, please read this article that shows you, from the Bible, how you can have a personal relationship with God and be sure of an eternal home in Heaven.

No comments: