Monday, January 09, 2006

Kitchen Zone

It's time for the Kitchen Zone again! I like being in the kitchen. Today I cleaned my countertops and cabinet doors. For the rest of the week, I plan to clean the stovetop and burner pans, completely clean my fridge (take everything out and wipe it down inside), declutter and reorganize the cabinets (hopefully I'll be getting my new cabinet doors soon), and wipe down the coffee maker, tea kettle, and toaster. I also want to throw the carousel thingy that holds my utensils in the dishwasher one day. I haven't done that since we moved in here almost 18 months ago. I've wiped the outside, but I want to get the inside too. And then at the end of the week, I'll scrub the faucet and sink edges. That should bring the kitchen up to par . . . IF I get it all done.

Oh, you'll never guess what I found in our storage room, after I had posted that all my Christmas stuff was put away. Christmas garland with lights on it, just tossed in there! My dh had told one of the boys to "put it in the storage room" and so that's exactly what he did - just put it in there . . . on the floor. Now I'm going to have to pull out the Christmas bin and put it in there. You know how bad I want to procrastinate on this? You know how long I've already procrastinated? I found them Saturday. Three days already. I just don't want to lug that bin back out! Sigh.

No comments: