Monday, January 23, 2006

I'm Still Alive and Kicking

Sorry it's been a week or so since I posted here. I'm still staying off the computer far more time than I used to - still sharing with my daughter - and I find that I tend to focus on this blog or my other one; it's hard to strike a balance between the two sometimes.

This week's zone is the master bedroom, bath, and closet. Our bathroom needed some work this morning. My dh has a beard, and he trims it over the sink, which has a groove around the edge where those little whiskers get stuck. It drives me batty trying to get those whiskers out! LOL And there's no way around it - he has to trim the beard, and I'm not going to ask him to lean out the window to do it! So I'll just keep digging whiskers out of the groove. It sure beats not having a husband.

As my daughter and I were walking today, I was telling her about how I divide up the home blessing hour by doing one job each day. This conversation started because whichever of her brothers had bathroom duty last week didn't clean the mirror in their bathroom. I'm supposed to clean the mirrors and glass in the house on Fridays, but I didn't last week . . . so they went undone. My bad! Especially now that I can't remember why I didn't do them Friday! See, I'm not really good at sticking with routines. I have to do them the same way, over and over again, before they stick. My morning routine has hardly changed in six years, and it's automatic now. I can't get my day started any other way! So routines do work and become automatic, but you have to keep doing them.

Getting back to zone work, I plan to finish the bathroom tomorrow, dust and vacuum thoroughly in our bedroom the other days, and work in our closet for 5 minutes at a time each day the rest of the week. Our bedroom isn't all that bad - a bit of everyday clutter here and there, so I'm thinking 15 minutes a day will do the trick! I hope you're having a good week and getting your bedroom in good shape, too! It really can be a haven!

No comments: