Saturday, December 03, 2005

This Week's Menus

I just realized I forgot to post my menus for this week. I had them made up when we got into Seattle on Wednesday (took a few minutes Tuesday afternoon between family visits), and we stopped just north of Seattle at a Super Wal-Mart to do some stocking up. We spent about 2/3 of what we would here and bought things like tomato sauce and paste, crackers, eggs, cheese, sausage, Ranch style beans (a Texas thing!), pork and beans (I can't find just plain old pork and beans here), shortening, oil - staple things that cost at least twice as much here. I was especially pleased to get the eggs for only 87 cents a dozen; here I pay $2.49 a dozen! Flour and sugar seemed to cost about the same as they do here.

On to my menus (again, these go from Thursday through Wednesday to match my grocery shopping day):

Thursday:
B - Pancakes
L - Mac and cheese
S - Garlic chicken, rice, mushrooms, RS beans

Friday:
B - Egg sandwich or cereal (choice)
L - Quesadillas
S - Homemade Pizza, salad

Saturday:
B - Cereal
L - Leftover pizza
S - Burgers, fries

Sunday:
B - Sausage biscuits
L - Pork chops, potatoes, corn, carrots
S - Chicken soup, crackers

Monday:
B - Breakfast burritos (eggs, bacon, cheese)
L - Sandwiches
S - Meatloaf, baked potatoes, pork & beans, mixed veggies

Tuesday:
B - Oatmeal w/brown sugar, cinnamon
L - Sandwiches
S - Beans & rice, fried cabbage, biscuits

Wednesday:
B - Egg sandwich or cereal
L - Tuna salad
S - Tortellini w/spaghetti sauce, green beans, corn on the cob

1 comment:

Deb said...

I enjoyed reading your menu, Susan. You are more organized than I. I do try to plan out our suppers, but breakfasts and lunches are on our own. I make sure I have plenty of fixings available or someone could just have leftovers...but usually, I'm just responsible for the night meal since everyone has different schedules for the day.

Eggs here at Walmart are 87 cents, too. But I usually drive 10 min further out in the country to get our free-range brown eggs from a farm store. They are $1.60...and sometimes I wonder if it's worth it altho they supposedly are healthier for you. (But making the trip is also a chance to make a book exchange as my daughter and theirs are book lovers and trade books back and forth.)

Thanks for sharing your menu; it actually is a good incentive for me to have a little more variety.