Monday, December 12, 2005

Ok - Recipes!

A couple of you have asked for recipes, so here you go! These are very simple, because I don't do well with complicated stuff at busy times.

Festive Pine Cone Cheese Ball

6 (3 oz. each) packages cream cheese, or 18 oz., room temperature
8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 oz. grated onion
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
1-1/2 pounds whole roasted almonds

In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic. Beat with an electric mixer until well blended. Refrigerate until firm, then shape into a ball. Wrap in plastic and let ripen and firm in refrigerator for at least 24 hours. Take out of refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving. Stud cheese with almonds to cover it, making rows all around to resemble a pine cone. Serve cheese ball with assorted crisp crackers.


Ranch Ham Roll-Ups

2 packages cream cheese (8 oz. each), softened (I just realized exactly how much cream cheese I'm going to need!)
1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
3 green onion, chopped
11 flour tortillas (8 inches)
22 thin slices deli ham

In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and salad dressing mix until smooth. Add onions; mix well. Spread about 3 tablespoons over each tortilla; top each with twon ham slices. Roll up tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm. Unwrap and cut into 3/4-inch slices. Yield: about 7-1/2 dozen.

Ok, I'm my typical SHE self and seeing just how much cream cheese I'm using. I wonder if I should change my menu now?

1 comment:

Mary said...

No, dear, I believe you are using the PERFECT amount of cream cheese.

*smile*
Thanks for the recipe!