Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Meal Plan

I thought I might start posting my weekly meal plans. I don't know if that's something of interest, but it's worth a shot, I guess, since that's the habit for November (now that November's half over! LOL). I do my grocery shopping on Thursdays, so I'll post the plan on Wednesday night or Thursday morning. Here's this week, which is short because we're leaving Monday morning.

Thursday:
B - biscuits, eggs
L - grilled cheese sandwich, salad, fruit
S - Beans & rice, cabbage, carrots, corn

Friday:
B - Oatmeal
L - cheese quesadillas, salad, fruit
S - burgers, fries, baked beans, sauteed mushrooms

Saturday:
B - Muffins (extra for Monday morning), peanut butter toast
L - Mac & cheese, soup, apple
S - garlic chicken, rice-a-roni, green beans, corn & peas

Sunday:
B - biscuits, bacon, fruit
L - Egg Noodle Lasagna (crockpot), corn on the cob, salad, french bread
S - chicken soup, grilled cheese, fruit

Snacks:
fruit
sugar free hot cocoa
yogurt
pudding
nuts

6 comments:

Deb said...

Susan, I knew we clicked.

S instead of D! :)

We Southerners gotta stick together every way we can. :)

Susan said...

You know, I pondered for a few seconds on whether it was S or D!!! LOL Then I decided to be true to my Southern self. Do you know that I talked to my SIL on the phone for 5 minutes the other day - just 5 minutes - and I could hear my accent deepen in just that short time? People up here are going to be SO laughing at me when I get back from out there!

Anonymous said...

Susan, I love the idea of weekly menus. I post mine on a blackboard I painted on my pantry door. I was brought up that supper was our weeknight evening meal and dinner was the big formal Sunday meal with all the family. No matter what you call it, keep the family together for at least 1 daily meal.

Keep up the great work, your blog brings me much joy!

Susan said...

Anonymous, the kids and I were just talking about supper vs. Sunday dinner at lunch a few minutes ago! It's funny how we do things, huh?! Thanks for reading!

Carolyn said...

Oh Susan I"m so glad you posted this! I cant' wait for Wednesdays now! :)

Susan said...

Don't look for anything this Wednesday, though! :)