Monday, October 03, 2005

Taking a Break

I'll be taking a break from blogging for a couple of days, not because I'm tired of blogging (or don't have anything to say!), but because our family has been invited to a missions conference at a church in WA.

This weekend, especially yesterday, was wild! I woke up at 5:30 yesterday morning with the remembrance that I had put the meat in the microwave to thaw the night before, but had no recollection of taking it out. Sure enough, there it was, still a little cool to the touch, but since it was ground beef and had been out of the fridge for 8 hours or so, I didn't want to take the chance on its being spoiled. So Wes went out and bought me some more! What a guy!

I didn't FLY very well this weekend. I planned, but I didn't write anything down, so I was just going on what was in my head. So I'd start on dessert for Sunday dinner, then remember that I needed to print out a visual for the Sunday school memory verse, which would lead me to yet another little thing that I had forgotten to do earlier. My favorite mantra - Plan your work and work your plan - had flown right out the window! So during the night Saturday night I kept dreaming about things that had made me anxious in the past. I dreamed that the evangelist's wife came in and starting cleaning my totally trashed kitchen - I have a friend who used to do that. I dreamed that I didn't have the salad ready or anything in the crock pot when we got home from church - been there, done that way too many times. I dreamed that I was so ashamed to have people come in my house - again, been there, done that. Needless to say, I didn't rest well at all Saturday night, and when I woke up to the realization that I couldn't use the meat, I could just feel myself getting more and more tense. By church time, I was miserable!

Everything went well, though. The evangelist's wife and I hit it off like old friends. She didn't even try to clean my kitchen! LOL The food was good, and it was all ready except for baking the bread when we got home - lasagna, a salad, and bread made a great meal! We spent the afternoon visiting with our new friends, then headed back to church for our evening service. After all was said and done, I was exhausted and saying, "I will never again neglect making a list on a busy weekend!" LOL

I hope you all have a good week. I should be back to posting again by Thursday.

No comments: