Saturday, October 29, 2005

Meals Fit For a Queen

You'll laugh at the other change I made. I call it the "Queen of
England" test. Before I eat anything, I ask myself, "Would the Queen
of England eat that?" The Queen of England, sadly, would not eat
Doritos, Twinkies, Double Quarter Pounders with Cheese, or Wild Cherry
Pepsi. She would, however, eat a delicious healthy dinner filled with
tasty flavors and a variety of vegetables. (I am hoping that the
Queen of England is not secretly a junk food lover!) I am no less
worthy of a person than the Queen herself, and if
it's not good enough for HER, it's not good enough for ME!

I just read this testimonial from a FlyBaby, and I can relate! Back at the beginning of this year, I was sick for a couple of days, and I read a novel called The Princess by Lori Wick. Something in the book triggered the thought that she had someone to make sure she ate well. I started thinking about that. When I was a little girl, I used to pretend that I was a princess (don't tell anybody! LOL), so it wasn't a long jump to imagining it now. If I were a princess and diagnosed with diabetes, my cook would make sure that I had the food recommended by my doctor, in the proper amounts and at the proper times. I would be taken care of. Now why can't I do that for myself? LOL I would do it for my husband or children, for sure. So when I think about fixing a couple of veggies for supper and think "I can do without this time," I can stop and remember that I need to take care of myself like a princess (but not ACT like a princess!), and go ahead and make those veggies that I need. There really is no reason not to take care of ourselves, you know? We're worth a lot to our families, our friends, and to the Lord!

3 comments:

AzureLynn said...

Hello -- am back again and caught up on your posts. I have been busy with different things here and there. And I did link your blog to mine in my "favorite blogs" links on the side bar of my blog... (had to correct the link thou as I had it wrong.) Funny thing is.. vegies and fruits are my favorite foods -- no dairy allowed to pass these lips anymore.. so I get my calcium from good whole foods.
And read about the doing other things besides being on the computer. I would say get out your trusty timer -- and limit it.. when the timer goes off - leave it. And decide how long you will stay away and do something else. I am going to do the same thing here, because I want to make paper-mache critters. I don't cross stitch, crochet or knit. I love to read -- my collection of cookbooks and library books attests to that. I need to pick up where I left off doing a major decluttering (its all sitting in my living room cluttering it up.. blah).
And by the sounds of things you "FLY" everyday by maintaining your home. WTG Gal!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Stina said...

Susan dear, just remember that the Queen of England has a chef.
So if we all had chefs we would eat a lot healthier

Susan said...

Welcome back, Heather! And Stina, if I only had a chef! LOL I am the chef, so I have to prepare those good foods for myself!