Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Holiday Cruising

Are you cruising through the holidays this year? I love Marla's Holiday Control Journal. I love the meal-planning pages the best, because I can plan ahead and buy a little each week and not have to spend a fortune the week before Christmas! Also, being a pastor's wife for the first time this year, I want to plan a special open house for our church members, and this will help me get started planning that too.

When do you start planning your holidays? In the US, I wouldn't even think about Thanksgiving until about this time every year, then Christmas after that. This year, in Canada, we've already had Thanksgiving and just enjoying autumn. And you know what? I'm enjoying not having the huge rush of Thanksgiving and Christmas together! Granted, we are making a trip for U.S. Thanksgiving to visit extended family, but I'm not responsible for the entire meal and all of that; we're just going for a visit.

Our family has never made a big production of Christmas, but I do like to do a little decorating and have some folks over more than we usually do. I also like to send Christmas cards. My daughter and I have learned to make handmade cards, but I'm not sure that we have time to do very many now - but we could try! It wouldn't be too hard if we make a small amount of cards and then duplicate those . . . thinking out loud here! LOL Anyway, the point I was making was that, although we don't go overboard on Christmas, it's nice to have the little that we do planned out, so that things go more smoothly. So now I'm off to print out the pages I need to replace this year in my Holiday Control Journal!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I agree with your comments on the Holiday Control Journal.

I am young, so I don't cook for anyone but DD, DH & myself for Thanksgiving & Christmas, but with the HCJ, our little family get-together can be organized & a little less stress.

:)

Tammy said...

Well, I don't have any holidays at home this year (as usual). Your post has gotten me to thinking of what I need to do to prepare though, and thinking of things to do for our neighbors, cards to mail out, etc. I think next week I'll get started with my lists!