Thursday, October 06, 2005

Getting Back to Routine

Why is it so hard to get back to routine? Why is being away from home so tiring? Why ask why? LOL I am having a hard time getting back into my routine! Did you guess that? Dh and I both feel wiped out by our 2-day mini vacation - we must be getting old.

I've gotten one load of laundry washed today, but it's not in the dryer yet. I haven't been to the grocery store today; it will probably have to wait till tomorrow. My bed is made! I'm dressed to shoes! We've had meals on time today! The kids have done their schoolwork for the day! So I guess some things are going right. Tomorrow will have to be back to the housecleaning routine.

Wes and I are going out this afternoon to look for a new dryer. The Lord has provided the money for a new one, which we've needed for a while, so now is the time. We've done a good bit of comparing and looking and found that most dryers use about the same amount of energy and dry in about the same amount of time. I prefer a front-mounted lint trap and a moisture sensor that turns off the dryer when the clothes are dry. Even the low-end models have those now. So . . . we've settled on a lower-end GE from Sears, if they have it in stock. Another thing we've learned is that it takes about 42 minutes to dry the average load of clothes. Our current dryer takes 1 1/2 hours per load - more than twice as long! So we're paying a lot in our power bill to run this thing, plus it takes a long time to wash and dry the clothes, which is not a good thing for a SHE. We forget they're in there!

No comments: