Thursday, September 15, 2005

A Whole Bunch of Nothing

I got a whole bunch of nothing done today! I started out this morning with good intentions, then I got online. I have to keep a tight rein on myself with the computer, because I can really get carried away and spend all morning online before I realize it. Well . . . that's what I did this morning!

It wasn't wasted time. I was talking to several friends on Yahoo. I never consider time with friends as wasted. My dh also IM'd me to ask me to go on a picnic with him tomorrow! LOL He is just upstairs in his office, but we IM each other quite a bit - mostly to flirt. We have a lot of fun with the audibles on Yahoo. But I digress . . .

After lunch I needed to do my grocery shopping. Now if there's one thing I hate, it's grocery shopping. I love regular shopping (if I have money), but grocery shopping is necessary and it costs too much. It's a continual balance between what we need and what we'd like to have, while trying to keep the costs down. I guess it's a necessary thing - my family insists on eating.

When I got home from the grocery store, my dh asked if we could eat supper early, because he and our son have a computer game that they play online with my dh's brother and some other guys. They set up game times. Of course, we're on the west coast, so the times are late afternoon for us to keep them from being late night on the east coast. So I hurried supper and he's a happy camper, playing his game. That's me - Mrs. Happy Camper! LOL

So what will I do? I'll go get that load of laundry that's been in the dryer all day and fold it. Then I'll make my list of things to do for tomorrow, which will include my missed home blessing for today (glass and mirrors) and jump right back in tomorrow. I don't like that I didn't get anything done today, but tomorrow is a new day and I can get back on track. So I'll praise the Lord for sweet friends to talk to, a hubby (who likes to take me on picnics!) and son who like to play computer games, and the provision of plenty of good food to feed my family for the next week - and turn my attention to tomorrow's work!

No comments: