Thursday, September 22, 2005

What WILL I Leave Behind?

I've often wondered what I'm leaving behind for my children. I do have some regrets for the past, but God and my family are forgiving. I can live in the peace that comes from knowing that I'm forgiven for the past, and reach forth to all that awaits me in the future:

Phi 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
Phi 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.


Having said that, I do want to "reach forth" to those things, and one way I can do that is through keeping my home as clutter-free and clean as possible. I'm not talking about obsession with my home, but doing what I can to make our home run smoothly, freeing my time for our family, friends, and church ministry.

Do you feel guilty for what has come before, for all the piles and chaos and mess? Turn to the Lord for forgiveness, then reach forth to the future! Begin decluttering, then as you see clear surfaces, keep them cleared. Write down a simple routine to help you maintain those clear surfaces. As you declutter, you'll be able to clean better (because you can actually get to the dirt! LOL). Keep at it, and you'll see changes. I've been there!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Wow Susan, this was really waht I needed to hear.
Praise the Lord for his grace and forgiveness!