Friday, September 02, 2005

Today's Accomplishments

My powder/laundry room is gleaming! I asked my dh to pull out the washer and dryer so I could sweep and mop underneath, which he did, teasing the whole time. It really wasn't too bad under there, and we both agreed that once every 6 months will be fine for that job. The room didn't smell bad before, but it smells clean now. Fresh. I like it!

I also spot-cleaned the walls in our entry and mopped the entry. I just did that Wednesday, but since I had the bucket of mop water, figured I'd go ahead and mop again. My daughter is cleaning up the dishes from lunch, and I'll run the mop over the kitchen floor when she's finished, for the same reason. I must make lots of little drips as I cook or something, because the kitchen floor always seems dirty to me. It's an off-white color, with some neutral accents in it, so I guess the light color shows dirt more easily. The worst floor I've ever had was a black-and-white checkerboard tile. It looked so good when it was clean, but it didn't stay clean-looking for long. The white tiles were bright white and showed every spot and drip, and the black tiles showed all the dust and crumbs and things. So it always looked dirty, within hours of mopping it.

Oh, and my laundry is done for the day! I had one regular load of dark clothes and one small load of kitchen towels. I've done all the ironing that needs to be done, so I don't have to worry about getting it done Saturday night.

I love getting my housework done in the morning so I can do the "fun" work in the afternoon, like studying for Sunday school lessons (I teach the elementary-aged children at church), practicing the piano, writing. I can also do the fun things I like to do, like crafts and sewing. School starts next week, which will add checking schoolwork to the afternoon, but that really should only take about 15-20 minutes per child, if that much, especially if I keep up with it faithfully.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Wow Susan, you sure have been keeping busy! :)
I never see you on anymore! hehe
Glad to hear you getting things done.