Thursday, September 08, 2005

Staying Productive

I feel so accomplished this week! I've kept up with the laundry all week by committing to just one load a day. There might be more than one per day, but by sticking with at least one, the hamper is staying mostly empty and I have happy family wearing clean clothes that they don't have to scrounge for. I have a three-bin laundry sorter, so picking up a load when one section gets full is easy. I also have a wicker basket beside the hamper for towels and sheets. I've used this system of sorting for probably 5 or 6 years now, because sorting was my first roadblock in doing the laundry. The other one was folding and putting away the laundry. Now that I'm doing one load a day, I'm finding that the loads are small enough that they take mere minutes to fold and put away. I'm also ironing as I go, which makes my dh happy, as what he sees in the closet is what he can wear - no ironing required!

No comments: