Friday, September 09, 2005

Fun Friday

Well, kinda fun, anyway. I do have to go grocery shopping today, because I chose not to yesterday! I had to go to the doctor for my finger, and since I didn't know how long that would take, I decided to wait till today. I hate grocery shopping. I don't know why. So I'm about to leave to do that, then I can relax and enjoy the rest of the day.

For my last day in the kitchen zone, I spot-cleaned the walls and wiped the edges of the floor under the cabinets, where I feel like the mop misses. But I found that those edges weren't dirty at all for the most part, so the mop must be doing better than I thought. It took exactly 15 minutes to do this!

My home blessing for Friday is to water the plants and sweep the patio. It rained last night, so the patio is wet. It's looking like it's drying up though, so I may sweep it when I get home from shopping. My two African violets got knocked off the window ledge in the kitchen, so I moved them right in front of the sliding doors in the living room. I thought they would surely at least quit blooming, and maybe even die, but I saw a new bloom on one of them today! I've never been able to grow plants, but somehow I'm managing to here. My violets wouldn't bloom for the longest time, but when I moved them to our sunny kitchen window, they went wild with blooms. They were beautiful! But the bad thing was that they were just perched up there, so easy to knock off the edge. So when the inevitable happened, I decided to try moving them, since they were dumped out in the process anyway. That's why I'm so thrilled that there's a blooom on one of them - maybe they'll take off bloom again!

No comments: