Saturday, August 06, 2005

Today is a 15-Minute Day

This week was almost as busy as last week! Every day, my dh and I had somewhere we needed to go or errands we needed to run. So today is a 15-minute day. I'll set my timer for 15 minutes and work on the house, with specific jobs I want to accomplish in each room. I'll work each one in 15-minute increments until it's done. As our grand kick-off to this 15-minute day, the kids and I are going into our bedrooms and spend the first 15 minutes there, just picking up and making neat. That's accomplishing an hour's worth of work, with the four of us working at once!

So how do you crisis clean? Here's FlyLady's Crisis Cleaning Checklist. Candy also has an Emergency Quick Clean List for times when you need to get the house in order. I have to admit I've never made a list of my own; I usually just make one on the fly to get done the most urgent things. I'll have to get one made and put it in my Control Journal. Anyone else have one they want to share?

No comments: