Saturday, August 20, 2005

Playing With a Schedule

I played around with a schedule today. I found that I really do have a routine for the morning, and it's easy to schedule the morning, because I know what I want to get done. The afternoons are harder, because there are so many things I'd like to do after the necessary things are done for the day. I don't know if I should divide the days of the week and do one category of thing per day, such as sewing, crafts, writing, reading. Or should I schedule a little of everything each day? This is what drives me crazy! I'm too much of a perfectionist. I think I have to do all or nothing, or that if I make a decision to do one thing at a certain time that it's written in stone and can't be changed if it's not working. Just kind of thinking out loud . . .

The basic premise of Managers of Their Homes is that you can spend a small amount of time each day on quite a few things, and get a lot accomplished over time. I like the idea, but trying to put it into practice hasn't been successful for me. I do better with blocks of time, say an hour or two, where I do several things with no set amount of time for each one. I'll have to play with that. The good thing is, with a schedule I'll be getting things done instead of saying, "I sure would like to do ________." Maybe a list of things, and have a block of time to work on projects? I like the sound of that . . . I'll head in that direction. Boy, it sure helps to talk things out, doesn't it? ;)

No comments: