Monday, August 22, 2005

The Plain Way

The way of the slothful man is as an hedge of thorns: but the way of the righteous is made plain. Proverbs 15:19


The book of Proverbs has so much to say about a slothful (lazy) person! The idea in this verse is that the lazy person is going to find some reason (excuse) not to get the job done. She may have her morning routine all laid out, with a nice to-do list all ready for her, but when it comes right down to doing it . . . she finds some reason not to! And then decides this plan doesn't work for her after all.

The "righteous" person (which here I believe would be the one with the right heart motives), on the other hand, will make her routines and lists and then dig in and get them done. She'll plan her work and work her plan.

I have to admit that many times I'm just plain lazy. I know FlyLady tells us we aren't lazy, but I know deep in my heart that a lot of times I am. I have my lists, my routines, my Control Journal - all the plans - but I simply don't work the plan. That's why FlyLady will say "Just get off your franny and do SOMETHING. Anything is better than nothing at all." So today, instead of making excuses about why we can't do our routines or this FlyLady thing just won't work, let's just give it a try. Plan your work . . . then work that plan!

No comments: