Thursday, August 25, 2005

In the Zone . . .

This morning I worked in the zone for the week, the master bedroom. I dusted the furniture in there throughly, cleaned the baseboard heater, and took apart the stand fan and cleaned it too. It's incredible how dusty that fan has gotten in just a couple of months! I don't have nightstands in our bedroom right now. We're planning to buy some - sometime - but in the meantime I have a lap desk on my side of the bed, on the floor, and a still-packed box (which holds the things that go in my cedar chest) with a tablecloth over it on Wes's side of the bed. The tablecloth doesn't match my bedding at all, but it at least covers the box. It'll be nice when we can get nightstands . . .

I also cleaned the scales in the ensuite bath. Why do I never think to clean these things? The hairspray we use leaves a residue on everything in there, but I never think of the scales having it on them. Well, I'm going to write the scales on my list of things to clean when I'm in the master bedroom zone! The hairspray gunk was so thick on there that it took me a couple of sprays with Formula 409 and quite a bit of wiping to get it all off.

Do you have trouble remembering to clean the "little things?" I was never taught to see those things, so I'm having to train myself now to see the things that kind of get lost in the shuffle, mostly things up high or on the floor. As I notice them, I'm trying to write them down on my detailed cleaning list for that zone so that I'll get them once a month. Our detailed cleaning lists get customized by seeing the things in our homes that need to be done. FlyLady's lists get us in there, then we find the things in our own homes that need to be done, and the system becomes our own. It works!

No comments: