Saturday, July 23, 2005

That Relaxing Bedtime Routine!

I did it! I turned off my computer at 9:40 (I know, it was supposed to be 9:30!), went upstairs and got myself ready for bed, turned back the covers, and turned on our bedside lamp. I came back down and sat on the couch with my dh, and we watched a program together. By the time I got into bed, I was so relaxed that I went right off to sleep - still with just a mumbled goodnight because I was so sleepy! Oh well . . . I worked hard making a skort for our daughter yesterday, so I was pretty tired.

Today promises to be just as busy, but not with sewing. We're going to camp Monday, so today I'm cleaning out the fridge and getting our floors mopped. I also have to run some errands with my dh, and get all the boys' laundry done from this week. So although the normal routine is not in place, the beauty of having a routine is being able to move it around to suit your needs on any given day. Need to take tomorrow off to visit with an old friend who's in town for the weekend? Do tomorrow's routine today, then get back to your regular routine the next day. Or skip tomorrow's routine - as SHE's, we've never had a routine anyway, so we know that missing one day won't end the world! The goal is progress, not perfection.

No comments: