Tuesday, July 12, 2005

One of Those Days

Today was one of those days when life just happens. Dh and I had some things to discuss this morning. When the mail came, there was a collection notice on check charges for a bank account we don't even own. An hour on the phone with the collection agency and the bank in question proved that it was a case of mistaken identity, but we ended up paying for a registered letter to dispute the claim - which meant a trip to the post office. I decided to get my sewing machine fixed, which meant a trip into Vancouver (not far, but heavy traffic), and my daughter and I went to the thrift store and Wal Mart (she found a dress and a top at the thrift store and we picked up the pattern we need at Wal Mart). I got home at 5:00 after spending most of the afternoon in traffic. Thankfully, dh was grilling dinner tonight, so we enjoyed grilled chicken, rice, carrots, and a salad, and my daughter is making brownies!

So, needless to say, I didn't get even ONE thing on my normal cleaning routine done (I did get the bed made this morning! LOL). But, as FlyLady says, "You are not behind; jump in where you are." Tomorrow is a new day and I'll jump right back into my routine.

No comments: