Sunday, July 24, 2005

FLYing at Camp

My family and I will be at camp this coming week. I'll be working in the kitchen, and my dh will be overseeing the teens as they clean up each morning and helping out in other ways. My daily routine will be pretty much set - cook breakfast, clean up; fix lunch, clean up; fix supper, clean up! I'll stick to my basic morning and evening routines, though, which is what I love about FLYing. We traveled for 2 1/2 years in our ministry, visiting churches all across the southern portion of the US. Everywhere we went, I had my morning routine and most of the time my evening routine. Those were the glue that held me together in all the different places we found ourselves - hotels, church mission apartments, church gyms, people's homes . . . I always had my morning routine to get me up and started each day. That's also part of what kept our family life running smoothly too: Mom was up and dressed when the kids got up, we had breakfast together, and we cleaned up together, even if we only had to pick up our clothes and put them in the suitcase. Your morning routine, once it becomes a habit, will be like the glue that holds your day together.

Needless to say, I'll be taking a break from writing this week. Although I'll be busy working, it will still be a change from the everyday stuff at home (and I'll get to attend the evening services at camp), so I expect to be emotionally and spiritually refreshed this week.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I just wanted to say hi. I am a flybaby, opastor's wife mother of 4, so we have alot in common. :)

My blog is a little mopey right now but I am not usually like that, so don't be afraid LOL.

Leslie

Leslie said...

oops sorry for the typos-- should say pastor's wife, homeschooling mother of 4 :)'

God bless you!

Susan said...

Hi, Leslie! I'm looking forward to going by your blog as soon as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! I love to hear from other homeschoolers and those in ministry.