Tuesday, July 05, 2005

After Admitting I'm a FlyBaby

Now I have to admit that my house needed serious attention this morning! Last night, I had a dream in which my pastor in Texas came to visit us unexpectedly. When he walked in the door, there were clothes lying all over the floor - dirty clothes at that. He started folding them, and when I protested, he said, "Somebody's got to do it!" I didn't have the heart to tell him they weren't clean!

So . . . this morning I decided my pastor was not going to catch my house a mess, should he ever decide to come up here. So before my shower, I set my timer for 5 minutes and got my bedroom straightened up - lots of dirty clothes waiting to go in the hamper, which is out in the hall, and clearing off the hotspots. Five minutes was all it took in the bedroom. After my shower I did 5 more minutes, this time in our ensuite restroom. Again, only took 5 to wipe down the sink and toilet and refill the soap container that had been empty all weekend.

After breakfast, my breakfast cleanup person for the week did the kitchen work and the other two kids did their jobs, which helped a bunch to get the house back in order. Then I did my zone job and my home blessings from yesterday and today, plus cleared my major hotspot of a desk - all these together took me a little over an hour - and my house was in good enough order that Pastor could drop by - but there's not much chance of that in the near future.

No comments: